Holy shit, this thing is dusty
It’s true, I am alive.
Before I get your hopes get up, I’m not restarting the blog. I never gave it a proper ending, is all, and that wasn’t how I meant to end things. But life got in the way, and then it was SO NICE to not be blogging and the comments and the emails and ugh (your comments and emails are really nice! it’s just, you know, work still), and interacting with the feminist blogosphere without being a part of it is also pretty keen, I found.
I have a little window of time right now, and I think it would be good if I used that time to finish this thing up. That’s not happening tonight! Because tonight I’m actually pretty deep into a box of wine. But hello, this will be happening, okay?
Quick summary on the life of Harriet J:
- Totally alive and happy and doing good.
- Going to grad school!
- Still with the bear. We had a rough time and now it’s a good time again.
- Got sociable in real-life instead of internet-life. That’s a thing.
- Dove nose-deep into a lot of different kinds of blogs and learned about a lot of different stuff, all begun by my friend Robin smashing up my rather easy, superficial thoughts on sex work. Guys, sex work blogs, go get some, you don’t even know what a shitheel you are yet.
- Been writing a bit on the fiction side of things, which is much harder and is full of rejection notices and somehow nobody recognizes my brilliance and I don’t trip and end up in the New York Times. Kidding, kidding, I like that better — the popularity thing is scary, I did not care for it and absolutely was never prepared.
- TOTALLY EMBARRASSED by a lot of stuff I put on this blog.
- TOTALLY IMPRESSED by a lot of stuff I put on this blog.
At least one more post coming! I would like to write a post on my new thoughts on sex work, and a post on what the hell it was like doing this blog, because that was a THING. I promise nothing. My only obligation is to this box of wine, and I take my vows very srsly.